Thursday, January 22, 2004

Oh one other thought... down 1 lb since yesterday. I am not so foolish to think that I will ever be thin or slender or willowy... I'm just not built that way. To coin a Kate phrase "built like a brick shithouse" that's really a yucky phrase now that I see it written... I'm okay with that. I've made as much peace with my size as I can, but I would like to be able to walk up the hill at work without thinking I'm going to die 1/2 way up. To that end, since before Christmas I've been doing 30 min on the elliptical trainer. Ok I started out at 20 min and thought I was going to die. I can tell things are getting better though because now I can do 30 min and mostly not feel like I'm going to die (for the record, Linkin Park is the most AWESOME elliptical trainer music ever... very grinding and pumping and your feet just naturally want to keep up with the beat). Onward and upward... eventually 45 min etc. It burns a buttload of calories and I really appreciate that instant gratification... All the elliptical thingies were full this morning so I just walked hills on the treadmill. So disappointing. :( At the rate I was going (I DON'T JOG) it would take me over an hour to burn the same amount of calories as 30 min on the elliptical. Now back to the pound thing... probably it was water weight or something. And I was using one of those dr office scales at the gym so i have to manipulate the little bars but still... it is 9 lbs lighter than the last time I went to the dr which was last year some time so... Plus I didn't drink as much water today since I wasn't dying like I do on the elliptical trainer. We'll see how things go... I'm cautiously optimistic.

No comments: