Friday, January 23, 2004

Death of an Icon

So, a moment of silence since Captain Kangaroo, Bob Keeshan, has died today. He was 76. All of our childhood icons are dying. Is this the first true sign we are getting old? When everyone we loved as children die? (Don't give me crap vladdy, I LOVED Captain Kangaroo when I was little... I know you grew up in the hood of Maryland, but he was an icon) Last year it was Fred Rogers, before that Jim Henson (creator of the Muppets and the Sesame Street gang), Bozo the Clown in 1997 (he was on Chicago's WGN and we had cable. I wanted more than anything to go on that show and win the "Grand. Prize. Game" where you would throw ping pong balls into buckets at increasing distances and win buttloads of crap!) and on and on. Do our parents feel this way? Anne Miller just died at 81. My parents (are older I admit) probably watched her when they were younger. bleh... I don't want to get old.

No comments: