Tuesday, January 06, 2004

Today I heard the words every 3rd grader and university employee longs to hear... "SNOW DAY!" Snow Day! Yes that amazing phenomenon that occurs sometimes if you are lucky that means you don't have to go to school. When your work is a school... you don't have to work! When I first looked out the window this morning I thought, there's no way we are not working today. There were like 2 inches TOPS (and that's probably being fairly generous) on the ground. I figured I would be going to work, but I logged on and checked the SU website and lo and behold! SNOW DAY! These are honestly the best words ever. So today I get to spend the day in my apartment being all toasty and warm and drinking hot apple cider (I haven't yet but will do so in a matter of minutes. I wonder if my new mugs are microwavable... hmmm....). I have done an evil thing tho. I dragged Minka and Baxter out into the snow. For the record, they don't LOVE snow. :) In fact, they don't seem to like snow. They do NOT share my enthusiasm for the snow and Minka crawled up into my jacket and down my sleeve. It has been snowing all morning and is just the coolest thing. I forgot how much I loved the snow. Ahhhh Snow.

No comments: