Thursday, January 20, 2005

3rd Candidate

We had our interview for the 3rd candidate for my (boss's) job. I liked her the best of the 3 until the question came up about different working styles. As she talked, I got a definite impression... micromanager. She said she works very fast and people who are more laid back (ie ME) she tends to want to... I'll use the word encourage because I can't remember what she said specifically but basically when translated = micromanager. She said that's until she can learn to trust that the job will get done and all that. In my mind I'm thinking, micromanagers NEVER learn to trust. Ever. Later today, one of my coworkers and I are supposed to discuss my feelings on the 3 candidates. My feelings, all useless and I totally deserve the job, but I probably have to come up with something else. :)

2 comments:

Peeved Michelle said...

No, I think that is a valid feeling and you should just with that. Plus, the third one is a micromanager AND she used the phrase "emotional intelligence"? She is awful.

Unknown said...

Blogger ate my comment, I think, so here's a recap:

Punch 'em. Punch the micromanagers, the panhandlers, and those bitches who talk about straight bars.

Let's throw some mother-fuckin' darts.