Thursday, January 20, 2005

I may be sunk

It is hard to know... My biggest boss called me in and asked me my opinion. Not one to sugar coat things, I told him. Candidate #3 struck me as a micromanager and I gave my reasons. I said candidate 2 is not smart. I liked him well enough, but when it would come time to make complex decisions, he wouldn't be able to do it and as a result, candidate 2 was my favorite of the 3. But I did have concerns about her wanting to be part time and this is not a part time job. He appreciated my candor. :) If it were between me & #1, it would be me no doubt. He thought #3 didn't have enough recent experience and that she would probably be unhappy here as we are more laid back. He said his thoughts on candidate#2 were that she is nearing the end of her career and she would be brought in to maybe groom me to be the benefits manager. Not the best answer because that means I'm stuck where I am for a while longer. I don't know that's definitely the route he is going to take, but we shall see. One of my other coworkers came in and we discussed the candidates and he had definite issues with all 3. He asked me if maybe they need to cast out the net again, and I said, these were the top 3 in a month of searching, would it get any better? So, I'm more on edge than before and now fearing the worst.

1 comment:

Peeved Michelle said...

Ok, I am definitely NOT insulting the position, but how hard is this job if, after five years of working in HR and Benefits, you aren't ready to be a Benefits Manager. Give me a fucking break. Now I hate your immediate boss and your big boss, too. Can you talk to your immediate boss and tell her you really want her job and would appreciate it if she would put in a good word for you? What does she have to lose at this point? Nothing.