Sunday, January 16, 2005

Horrible TV Cliched situations

So, while I should be embarrassed to admit that I watch 7th Heaven, I do. Only semi regularly, like I wouldn't go through the effort to tape it if I were going to be out on a Monday night drinking with Matty, although now that he is abandoning our Mondays to try to force me to Thursdays I'll be home to watch it, yay me! :) Anyway, not to be sidetracked easily, back to Horrible TV cliched situations... Babies are apparently never born in hospitals. All season long, horrible Lucy Camden has been pregnant. Apparently the 1st epi in Jan, she will give birth. In an elevator. Are all babies born in elevators or taxicabs? Seriously. It is kind of ridiculous.

Other ridiculous horrible TV cliches
1 - The nerdy girl is secretly a hot chick when she takes off her glasses and her hair out of the librarian bun
2 - All men who are jerks secretly have a heart of gold underneath (damn, it is no wonder women are screwed up).
3 - Fat chicks are jolly, happy sidekicks.
4 - Gay men are wild flamers who prance. (um, actually that may be true. ;) Hee, just kidding gay boy readers)

There are a bazillion of them, but those are the ones that annoy me right at this moment.

2 comments:

Peeved Michelle said...

Is there even an elevator anywhere in Glenoak*?

*I am totally ashamed that I remember the name of the town.

Stephen said...

1 - Didn't they make a tv show out of this? Like Extreme Makeover or something? This country is obsessed with people leading vacuous empty lives longing for the day when they can lead vacuous full lives ;)

2 - Hmm... ok I'll distinguish myself by being a rosy, loving sweetie in public and a complete frickin arse in private. Hah! Oh wait... that sounds like a cliche too?!?! Which side to choose... which which witch...

3 - This goes hand in hand with the fat guy who always woos the jolly happy ditz with his fabulous sense of humour. I don't have either - bummer.

4 - Uhm... how else can we/they(?) signal mating season? It's either that or bend over and expose a rosy red arse like the baboons. Eek!

Oh yeah... and yes you should be embarassed to watch 7th Heaven. As much as I should be embarassed watching Tom Hanks in Bosom Buddies...