Thursday, January 20, 2005

Calmer heads

Now that I've had a few hours to mellow out and watch the Apprentice, I'm much more calm. Oh, I still have no hope, so I haven't gone all crazy here. I do have to say I have a high respect for my biggest boss. Of course I came from a company where the CFO and Sr VP of finance were banging (each other and not their spouses) and then said company got into a whole bunch of bad shit for some illegal transactions, so there's not a huge comparison there. :) Then at my next regular employer, I had the queen of micromanagers - seriously I had to write a to do list every day and write in this desk calendar and she would check it every day. That's how I know all about micromanagers=alcoholism. :) This boss is genuine and he really cares about us and listens and on and on. (And I'm not actually writing this out of fear I'll be found out). Yeah, my heart is broken and yeah I'm not pleased, but there are aspects of my job that I don't have the necessary knowledge about. One thing about what I do is that it is heavily regulated by both the federal and state governments. We don't follow the laws, we're in trouble. So I'll do what I can and see where this goes.

One of my coworkers works a 2nd job at a local bookstore. She said she they need people so I think I'll apply there for some part time work. I need to work on debt reduction and random extra income would help with that. The downside is that this would leave me less time to compulsively volunteer.

On the volunteering front, I've signed up for the Firefighter stairclimb and the Northwest Folklife Festival again. Mmm... firefighters.

No comments: