Thursday, January 20, 2005

It's so easy yeah yeah yeah!

It's so easy to file your taxes... it's so easy.* I did it on the IRS website. Thanks to www.irs.gov and the free file page I managed to use TurboTax FOR FREE** to file my taxes via the internet. It was so awesome. The only really stressful part was that I had to find last year's tax return (who knew I actually printed AND stored it somewhere I could find it) to use the numbers I believe as a control to make sure it really is me. It was so awesome. I was finished in like 15 minutes. And I can go back in later and print it (when I'm at work where there is a printer). AND I'm getting a refund. AND I should have it in about 10 days. AND life is good. (Ok it could be a little better but in the grand scheme of things, life is good.)

* This should be sung to the tune of It's so easy to fall in love
** You have to go through the IRS website to get the freebie deal.

3 comments:

Ali said...

Amen. Filing taxes online is so much easier. I'm not familiar with your site but in Australia i do like the fact that you get a rough estimation of approximately how much you'll get back.
It beats the accountants and aside from being free you don't have to leave the comfort of your computer chair.

Peeved Michelle said...

It's just too complicated with itemized deductions and write-offs and I haven't even received my W-2 from the deathstore yet and blah, blah, blah. We are going to a new tax accountant this year. The last one pissed me off. I have my fingers crossed for a $10k refund!

Unknown said...

A $10K refund? I don't think I made that much in '04.