Friday, January 07, 2005

Living Alone

Sometimes it is a good thing I live alone. I have noticed that I have a few little eccentricities that magnify themselves when I am at home alone.

1 - I fall over. Randomly. Not all the way over but I'll be standing and like the world shifts a bit and I feel like I'm about to fall, so now I'm doing the arm waving thing trying not to fall. It is worse when I'm already standing on 2 feet. I also have a high tendency to not realize my true size and I clip walls, doorknobs, doorways. In my imagination I must be a size zero, since I am constantly walking into shit.

2 - I dance. And sing. Badly. I am overly caucasion and I know it. So sometimes I'm in the kitchen and I'll do a little dance then crack myself up for being a total dork. I also like to sing along to my music. I know I don't sing well, but I like to do it. Loudly. Shelley once described my singing as a dead baby dying, she may not be too far off.

3 - I can put my pajamas on immediately after work and not catch flack about it, or feel badly about it. :) Did I mention I get home at 5:00 PM?

4 - The Christmas tree, that I was so proud of the accomplishment of putting it in its box... you know that one? It is still in its box in the living room. The ornaments I took off said tree are still sitting on the table waiting to be put back in their box. I keep thinking I have to reorganize the boxes, but I don't want to do it, so there it sits. I may actually have to do it soon because Baxter likes to dig in the boxes.

5 - I like to listen to my CD Radio when I get up and get ready for work. So at 5 AM Pearl Jam (or before Pearl Jam, Linkin Park) is blaring through my little speakers (and usually I'm singing along). This may be why the neighbors talk so loud out on their balcony, to get me back.

6 - I crack myself up. All the time. Randomly. I laugh at some of the dumbest things that I do. It really may be embarrassing.

1 comment:

Peeved Michelle said...

Marriage doesn't mean an end to those behaviors. Two nights ago, after I mentioned Hello Kitty in a comment on Kate the Peon's blog, I had Hello Kitty on the brain. So, while we were watching TV, I would just randomly say it out loud in different ways.

Hello Kitty

Hello, Kitty

Hellooooooo Kitty

Hello KITTY

HELLO Kitty

Hey, Cat