Tuesday, January 11, 2005

You are such a girl.

I've heard that a lot lately. Mostly from people who didn't know me that well before and are suddenly a little surprised at what I guess is the real me (as opposed to the first me you meet, I take a while to warm up to people, what can I say?). My co-worker said that when she first met me she thought I was jaded and cynical and kind of mean. Apparently she has now seen through my facade and determined that yes, I am a girl. Her examples of my girlishness...
1 - I have Christmas socks
2 - I made her walk out of our way (ok it isn't out of our way it is one of 2 routes to go home) so I could stop and see work stalking victim (I mean crush) and chat
3 - I'm a Brownie leader
4 - I'm terrified of bugs. As in scream and stand on couch and throw shoes at them and try to convince Baxter to eat them for me.
5 - I sew
6 - I love the movie 50 First Dates
7 - My hat story
8 - I was worried that V would think we were 'checking up on him' when Matty & I saw him at the bar last night. (That's actually Matty's reason I'm such a girl!)
9 - I believe boys should let me win. (Also Matty's reason)
10 - I cry at EVERYTHING. Hallmark commercial, out come the tears. Applebee's commercial where the girl brings the dinner to the housebound old lady and says 'join me for dinner?' bawl. Most movies, romantic stories, stories of people overcoming adversity and on and on and on.

Apparently I am 'such a girl' but I'm okay with that. Hell, I guess I have to be since there isn't much I can do about being such a girl. :)

4 comments:

Peeved Michelle said...

She thought you were me?

>>My co-worker said that when she first met me she thought I was jaded and cynical and kind of mean.<<

SJ said...

I have been known to tear up at the end of The Shawshank Redemption.

Sssh, don't tell anybody.... They might think I'm a girl too...

Kate the Peon said...

JOANNE!

Normally you post a gazillion times a day. What happened??? Where'd you go??? Damnit! Don't make me have to work!

Sandy said...

I guess I'm a girl too...not only did I love "50 First Dates" but I cried both times I watched it. So there.

I also cried at Lilo and Stitch. So maybe it's a Hawaii thing, I don't know...

hehe