Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Is 2005 over yet?

Because so far this year has sucked ass big time. I'm ready for it to be done and will be in bed with the covers over my head until then. Because I'm in pain. Ever so much pain. The twinge of yesterday has turned into full blown back tightened pain. It took me 15 minutes this morning to inch off the bed onto the floor to my knees so I could try to get up and go to the bathroom. That was fine until I tried to sit on the toilet. The resulting flash of pain sent me back into my bed for another 15 - 20 minutes where again it took me forever to get off the bed. Then I took some Alleve. I love Alleve. Unfortunately I took it on an empty stomach, so I'm now sick to my stomach. I got back into bed to let the meds work a little before trying anything else. Managed to get back up and shower and head to work. It took me 40 minutes to walk to work this morning and I'm not wearing any socks.

Did I mention I'm still HOT!?

7 comments:

Cindy-Lou said...

That sounds like a pretty good excuse to call in sick.

Joanne said...

I completely would've stayed home except Thursday at noon is our payroll deadline and I have a shitload of benefit stuff to fix before payroll runs.

Cindy-Lou said...

Stupid work.
and I still think you're hot, even without socks.

Unknown said...

I think it's "Aleve", not "Alleve". Stupid marketing asshats.

Maybe it's the menopause. I'd tease you about it, but I just ordered several crates of cats to complete my transition into spinsterhood. I hate gay men, there is no such thing as a bi man except in pathetic gay erotica, bi women are nuts, and straight women don't (and shouldn't) date men who like to have sex with men.

(Did I mention I accidently ended up down the Valentine's Day aisle at Walgreen's?)

I'd be ready for the end of '05 myself, if I didn't know that '06-'13 were going to be worse. Paradigm shifts and all that. Just ask the Mayans. Oh, wait. They're dead. But they might be right. But that's a long story, and I need to go feed my cats.

Unknown said...

And if I offended you, get over it. It's not like we're dating.

Joanne said...

Matthew, I am only offended because when I said that it isn't a good idea to date a bi guy, you gave me all sorts of shit about monogomy and love the one you're with and all that. And here you are proclaiming that I am right actually! HA!

Joanne said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.